CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

NEW CHURCH CALLING...

Well here you go, the day my children were not prepared for and the day they thought would never come. Their mom got put into the YW Presidency... (Again, 1st counselor this time) The last time I served in the Young Womens, I was pregnant and having the boys, So the girls were too young to remember any of it. I have to say the joke at our house was the look on the girls faces when they said my name in church "PRICELESS" I just giggled inside and looked over at their mouths hanging open to the floor and the disgust in their eyes knowing that they couldn't get rid of me even on Sunday, it was quite entertaining. Needless to say they have had a week to handle the news, and our first youth activity together this past Wednesday and I think they handled it very well and they even lived through it. Truthfully, I am so excited to be back in the Young Womens program in our church. I love those girls and being around all of them most of their or if not all of their lives, I feel already connected to them. Mind you, the 1st thing Alissa reminded me of is that I would have to go to Girl's Camp.....Camping and Alice are not usually used in the same sentence. Then Zoey immediately remembered that I would be accompanying them to Youth Conference and that put a damper on her spirits, I quickly reminded them, that I would not be there just to hover over them, we do have 35-40 girls in our ward. I am really excited for the women that I get the opportunity to work with, They are amazing and I know that they will be such a good example and teachers to me -
This is just another chapter in our lives and in the lives of 3 teenage girls and 2 little guys!

2 comments:

Katie W

I've always been a primary kind of person, but I got the exact same calling as you about 9 months ago---1st counselor---and I LOVE it!!! You will be awesome in there and I'm sure your girls will soon realize that you really aren't there just to keep tabs on them. :) YAY for you!!

5 Rows

You will be great in there, like they have anything to hide, your girls are perfect!