CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life is Fragile - Never take it for granted!


We all have our share of trials and sometimes, I know we think that we are the only ones out there having a hard time, Well let me tell you something, I have to continually remind myself that the people we associate with and the bonds that keep us close are those that will help through the hard times. This year has been a big challenge in our home and we have had our fair share of biggies, however tonight, after receiving a difficult call from a close neighbor and friend, I know that our savior is looking out for each of us!
After just hitting the 40 year old mark, I have reflected on where I wanted to be in my life at this point. On many occasions I feel very blessed with the my amazing husband, my crazy children, my awesome friends, and my crazy life! Then there are the days when you think, why me, and why do we have to face the trials that come our way, and then I sit back and remember that the Lord would never give me a trial that I could not overcome, because he suffered for everyone one of our trials and sins. I know the Lord watches over each and every one of us and sends us signs and messengers along the way.
My close neighbor and friend, with whom I can tease and mess with, had a massive heart attack tonight and when his wife called to let me know what had happened, I felt a sickening feeling and yet a peaceful feeling that he would be OK! Just a few days ago, while taking our kids to Herriman Lake, me and this neighbor sat and laughed and talked about this very subject of heart attacks and how he was worried that his family was prone to these and that he was not ready to leave his family and not ready for that to happen to him. I believe that this attitude is what will pull him through this tough road. Tim, you are crazy, funny, an awesome dad, and a good friend - I am praying for you and your speedy recovery!

0 comments: