CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Good, The Bad and What the?

Without a doubt, life does throw us curve balls, now how we handle those curve balls is up to us? Well I think up to this point I have been pretty patient and understanding and gracious at times - But now I am not so sure....
Last week ended on a high note, with;
  • 2 potential job offers for Chris, I say potential cause they both said they want to employ him, we just had to wait to see the terms...Attended a BYU game and Utah Jazz Game
  • Ms. Alice was back to work and the 1st graders were happy to see her.
  • Alissa was getting better and acting more like her self (Although she is stick thin...) Was able to go see BYU's, Jimmer Fredette in the biggest game at the Marriott Center with her DAD.
  • Jocelyn had a few days off from Drill, after they didn't make State, Oh Well they got screwed... Sleeping in made her happy, with 2 weekend nights of parties.
  • The High School boys basketball team had 2 wins this week, Fun & Crazy games (Water Boy did awesome - I love going and cheering even though I do not have a kid on the floor - Well at least not a blood related kid? )
  • Stone & Hunter had 4 basketball games, 4 practices, a 2 day baseball hitting tournament and they both had amazing #'s in their hoops.
  • Zoey got to hang with Corbin and Teach Dance - The 2 things that make her the happiest...
As my husband would say the cup is half full - I on the other hand hate to admit that I look at the cup half empty. (Especially if the kids have been sneaking my Diet Coke)

Monday8:10 am
Text message: Chris, Thank you for your proposal, I have changed my mind. - Nothing Else, just those 2 lines - What happened, maybe we will never know 1 job down, 1 to go... Sucker Punched is how he felt, but he, as always, said maybe it's for the better! 20 years with this man and he never ceases to amaze me with his FAITH! Waiting to hear from Job 2 ....

Monday Night 8:00 pm
Jocelyn begs me to take her to The SLCO Rec center to get a Lifeguard's job application.
This is how the conversation went:
J: Mom can you take me to get an application
M: Jocelyn you don't know how to be a life guard.
J: I can swim good
M: You have to be trained and take courses
J: No, that what they do for you there.
M: Jocelyn, I don't think you understand what it takes to Lifeguard, not just sitting the sun getting tan in a swim suit watching boys all summer.
J: Mom, I told you I can swim
M: Jocey, I have had friends and family do this and it takes years of training and lessons - You have not had that - Just summer swimming won't cut it.
J: Well mom so and so are doing it and I can too.
Off we go to the rec center against my better judgement - But deep inside I figure this could be a big come to Jesus Party for Jocey. Jocey enters the Rec Center- talks to the front dest about 5 minutes, comes out and says;
J: Mom I need 10$ so I can sign up for the Pre-Test before they give me an application.
M: I'm not giving you $10, See if you can pay when you come to take the test, Oh yeah - when is the test and what do you have to do? ( In my mind I'm thinking - this may be the deterent)
J: I think I have to swim 300 ft and get a brick off the bottom of the pool or something like that.
M: Really that sounds off, maybe it's 300 yards - Go check.
After Jocey goes back in for 5 more minutes she returns with a flier in hand explaining the procedure and the reality hits her in the head.
  1. After 3 hour pre-test must be able to come everyday for 3 -5 hours of training , take classes and Emergency Medical Training and Swim 300 yards and retrieve heavy objects from the deep end of a pool - etc...
  2. Jocelyn reads this to me and I just wait for a response - What no response??? - I guess this is a big deal and not an easy job anyone can have.
So on the way home I explained to Jocey, that however glamorous being a lifeguard may sound, you still hold the lives of all the daily swimmers in your hands, as well as the sun worshipers, you have to medically trained as well as life-guard certified and you have to clean pooh or barf out of the water when a kid or adult doesn't make it to the bathroom.

I haven't heard another thing about becoming a lifeguard - I wonder if I will?

What the *&?% was she thinking?
For that matter what the $#@& was Job #1 Thinking - BAD FORM!

0 comments: