CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

SHINGLES..I knew it!

Well as you can tell by the title, we have Shingles! Well not me but Chris! He has not been feeling well for about a week, but doesn't complain. Chris thought he may have pinched a nerve in his back and was trying to fight off the flu, so he would soak in a hot tub each night after a 12 hour work day, but to no avail would the pain subside. Iin the mean time he began to notice a rash on his back, then I noticed it on his chest and then down his right arm and shoulder. Finally after days of just dealing with the pain, he thought he just needed a trip to the Chiropractor, then the hot/ cold sweats began and sleeping had become almost impossible. I knew it had to be bad if he dressed for the "Old Farts" basketball game, but chose not to play. I finally convinced him he should see a medical doctor, not just the local chiropractor (even though we think he is awesome!) After work today he went to Insta-Care and the Doctor recognized him from an infection he had earlier this last year and almost immediately knew he had Shingles. Mind you, only 2 days ago, I mentioned his symptoms to my co-worker and she thought it could be shingles and Chris dismissed it very quickly. Well needless to say, Chris feels like "JOB" and feels like a Leper, but they also said this could have been triggered by a low immune system (DUH, CROHN's Disease , continual Chemo-IV for 5 years) and Stress....That would be Chris, so we are glad he finally went to the Dr.and is now on Antibiotics to help him through this newest and most un-welcomed challenge. Now, mind-you if he were writing this, he would say everything is just fine and that he is doing great...That is the kind-of man I married, THANK GOODNESS for HIM! I love you my leper spotted buddy - it could be worse, you could have limbs falling off...

0 comments: