CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

To Honor my Catholic Friends!!!

Growing up in Southern California, most of my friends were either Catholic of Lutheran. I spent many days attending other churches. I appreciated that my parents felt this was important for me to see how other families lived and what their religious beliefs were. Being brought up LDS (Mormon), I did not always have a true sense of knowing what I believed. I definitely went through those rebellious years of thinking my parents were stupid and that I could figure things out on my own. Well needless to say, I feel very fortunate for my upbringing and that my parents were wise enough to give us 7 children Values, Morals and a strong faith that we could always fall back on when were to get lost. I read a friends blog today about "Lent" and I had a flash back of all those weeks that my buddies and I would go get Cheese pizza on Fridays during Lunch and realized I never really understood why they did this. Thank you Tiffany for reporting about LENT. I want to follow along and truly work on giving up something for the next 40 days. Mind you this was really hard, cause Diet Coke- (not gonna happen)- Sugar (not gonna happen) - Swearing (I have to say I don't have enough will power in me...) so this is what I have come up with:

"Moms 13 Things to work on before Easter"
  1. Not to comment for 40 days on how messy our house is!
  2. Not to tell my children what pigs they are being!
  3. Not to complain about how the laundry is never done!
  4. Not to look in my daughters (3 teenagers...) rooms and freak out at the mess! (Can you see a pattern to all of these?)
  5. Accept others for their weaknesses, cause I am perfect you know?
  6. Do not kill my dog for always running away....(this one is a toughie)
  7. Do not Swear (Out Loud)
  8. Do not eat after 8:00 pm at night
  9. Do not drink Diet Coke after 8:00 pm at night
  10. Do not get mad at all the ST---- drivers out there (hey like I said I grew up in Cali we are perfect drivers...)
  11. Do not let the Winter get me down, think positive - Spring/Summer is almost here!!
  12. Do not complain to my wonderful, devoted, spiritual, loving and hard working husband that I have to go to work everyday.
  13. Do not forget the hand of the Lord in my life everyday!

Like I tell my Zoey all the time "Attitude is Everything" BE HAPPY, & as the new LDS Youth theme states: "Be Strong and of a good courage..."
Words to live by! Let's see if I can do this....

1 comments:

Amanda

You aren't giving me much hope for having tidy children in the future. LOL! I love that picture of your girls.