CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

"3" used to be a Favorite Number...

Humility is not one of my strong suits, So when you are taught this concept by your teenage daughters, it really hits home. Tonight was RHS Dance Company try-outs, - So after major coaxing from Chris, Myself, Alissa, friends & Zoey, We convinced Jocelyn to try out with Zoey for the team. Jocelyn has had her fair share of disappointment this past month and we all were in agreement that there was no way she wouldn't make it. Well - Shame on Us - 3 Strikes and you're out... Jocelyn made it through 1st cuts and was cut from the company at final cuts and needless to say for 1 small moment in time "I was speechless". I know it sounds unbelievable, but I had NO words of comfort only a shoulder to cry on and she lent me hers- I was in Shock.... Then the waters parted and Zoey came out 30 minutes later, Jocelyn ran to her and gave her a huge hug to Congratulate her - And these are the words of Wisdom that Zoey gave to Jocelyn
" Do not ever Doubt yourself, you are amazing!"
The impact of this statement was not only felt by Jocelyn but everyone around the 2 of them, Especially their Mom! I am a proud Mom Of a Dance Company Member and another Girl who never gives up! {Jocelyn's Next venture: The Bowling Team - She says} Life is going to be interesting next year at the Gibbons House!

1 comments:

Christenson's

Alice, You were the family I was talking about in my post, the one exception to it all, I have never heard your girls blame anyone, and they are always willing to work hard!! I have also been amazed how well they take both making and not making the team. You guys have done a great job raising your kids!! I was not talking about them when it came to cheer tryouts either, I had one student who couldn't even take pictures on Friday because she didn't know if she made the cheer team or not, we had to stop at least 5 times while she composed herself.... sad to say she was right and she did not make the team, but..... her was her devistation actually that got me thinking about this all (besides my own ridiculous actions!!) Your a great example of a family being raised right in my opinion! I love Jocey she is a great example to all those around her!!