CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009


You know Chris kept on reminding me,"Iit will come whether we are ready or not." And guess what, it did, and it left just as quickly. I may need all of you to remind me of this each time I get a little too high anxiety for 1 - 24-hour period of time...
Well the morning came and without a glitch , the kids stayed in bed until 8:30 am, a record! The doorbell rang and, Surprise! Grammy and Papa (Gibbons) were here to see Christmas! They had to wait a little bit, cause we were all just getting up. The night before we gave the traditional Christmas Eve PJ's and the this year I outdid myself with the girls, if I do say so myself? I found the greatest Footie Jammie's just like the ones of A Christmas Story (Pink Bunny Footed Jammie's) for Zoey and Alissa and a similar pair for Jocelyn with Sock Monkey's. They were awesome!!!! We did presents, stockings, had amazing Cinnamon French Toast, cleaned up, Went to the Movies, ate Dinner at IHOP (Mom did not want to cook) and we came home to watch "Tim Hawkins," one of the funniest comedians out there, LOOK HIM UP!!! Now we are all retiring to our rooms and YES it ended and no one was maimed, bloodied, arrested or otherwise on Mom's bad list (JK).
This year was a year of service and understanding how fortunate we are to have what we do have and not feel bad for what we don't have. We are very blessed to live in our neighborhood, Extremely blessed to have awesome extended families on both sides. We are blessed to have a business that is is still up and running, A mom who works to help make ends meet through this economy, Obedient Hard Working Children (well after they have been threatened several times, that is) , A countless number of amazing friends and most importantly the knowledge that our Savior was born and died so that we might be able to live with him and our families again someday. With all the craziness & U-turns that life may throw out at us each day, We are so truly grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior.
(I still think we need to skip Christmas next year and celebrate Festivous & The Airing of Grievances....)

3 comments:

Anonymous

Ok. How stinking cute are the girls in those footie pajamas?!
I'm glad that you had a nice day with your family!

Amanda

I'm so glad that I'm not the only mom who buys her kids the same present for Christmas. It's too hard to think of 3 different girl presents and 2 different boy presents!

Anonymous

I need some blog lessons. You are doing awesome. I love that you stay current. I love you all more! What darling children if I do say so myself! Happy New Year!
Love ya, Mom