CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Elizabeth Edwards 1915- 2009


The most amazing woman in the world was laid to rest today!
Elizabeth Helen Edwards,
my maternal grandmother, lived to be 94 years old. She outlived her husband and both her children, including my mother. She was probably the most amazing, beautiful, well groomed, happy, charitable, loving, and strong woman I have ever known. I am a better person today for being a part of her posterity and having her in my life.

My brother Keith, and I were able to fly out to Tulsa, Oklahoma to attend graveside services for my grandmother at the Fort Gibson National Cemetery. Although, Gram lived in Mtn. Home Arkansas, we had services in Oklahoma so that her body could be laid to rest with Grandpa. Mind you - we are only 3 days til Christmas and our Families were very selfless in letting us go pay our final respects. The most amazing thing was being able to be representative of the Gospel to our extended family. We are very fortunate to have the understanding that this is only a good-bye for a short period of time and that Gram has had an amazing reunion with her loved ones and that we will be reunited with her again someday. Tulsa, quite a big city, did not know that...

0 comments: